Tuesday, August 20, 2013

5 Minute Meal

Although I will NEVER be the great cook my friend Pat is -- I pride myself on having an ability to put tasty hot food on the table REALLY FAST. This skill was developed when Ross and Elliott were growing up. I am a big fan of Rachael Ray's 30-Minute Meals. She is THE MASTER.  But -- who are we kidding -- sometimes YOU JUST DON'T HAVE 30 minutes!! Where we live -- it takes 30 minutes to drive to a "fast food" restaurant. So before or after a baseball practice it was just easier AND QUICKER to cook the food myself.

Last Saturday night, Lillian and I came home from a play.  It was after 9:00 (don't tell her Mom -- but I forgot to feed her supper).  We were both starving.  Time for one of my classics... a cross between a Fritatta and Spaghetti Carbonara...

You'll need eggs and a package of Ramen noodles. (which have already been cooked -- then dehydrated)

Instead of 2 cups of water -- start with one cup. Boil the water, add the flavor packet and break up the noodles. Cover with a lid until the noodles are soft. This happens very fast.

At that point -- break three or four eggs into the hot noodles. Stir until the eggs are scrambled...then take off the heat.

It's pretty darn good right now -- but if you really want to amp up the delicious -- add some Parmesan cheese, maybe some chopped green onions, leftover ham, salami or crispy bacon.

There you have it. You just can't go wrong with eggs, people....


1 comment:

  1. Brilliant!! Add some bacon, and it would be perfect :-)

    ReplyDelete