Monday, August 26, 2013

Lillian's New Chair


Athough I am still in St. Louis -- making an exciting announcement about Schmetz Needles at the Babylock convention -- I got very ambitious after my blogging break -- so there will be new posts coming up EVEN WHEN I'M TRAVELING...

***************

Lillian spent TWO NIGHTS with us recently. I had several activities lined up. One thing was this ugly chair from the Goodwill store...
It cost $5.38. And it weighs about 100 pounds. IT IS HEAVY...

We had a little child's rocking chair in the living room -- but now it is too small for Lillian. And we enjoy watching movies together.  Lilly needs a chair of her own.  Magically -- as soon as I decided that -- I found this at the Goodwill Store. RITALUCK is a powerful thing...(you know I always use it for good -- never for evil)...
The FIRST order of business is to take it outside, and sand it all down...


The first coat was an old can of white ceiling paint.  Good job, Lilly!


Lilly easily found some PAINT CLOTHES on t-shirt mountain...


It was a beautiful day.  And cool enough in the shade...We gave it two coats of white paint...


Later on that day, John fell asleep in his chair and Lilly tried to cover him with a blanket...so thoughtful....

It was a REALLY BUSY WEEKEND!! The chair isn't finished yet -- mostly because we are still arguing about the upholstery. Of course, she wants Barbie or the Disney Princesses. Ugh....

No comments:

Post a Comment