Friday, August 30, 2013

Lilly's new pink dress

Of course -- sewing for Lillian has become one of the joys of my life. It combines so many things I love to do. Thrift shopping...laundry...sewing...designing...seeing Lilly smile...I love everything about it. And I love that moment when she comes to my house -- and she runs into her room to see what new Grandma Rita creation is waiting for her.

She puts things together in odd ways that please her..


And she LOVES to accessorize...


I didn't even have to make this. But for 49 cents, I could hardly pass it up!!


There is no end to the Grandma Ritaluck....


This dress started out as a very expensive woman's top...and I added the white t-shirt, cut down the sleeves, etc....
But, of course, NOT EVERYTHING is a hit....

And, I've gotta say -- although I am disappointed when she doesn't like something...I am delighted that she hasn't learned how to be fake. Of course, that will come. We ALL learn how to pretend we like something when we really don't...but honesty is still possible at FOUR...


So I'm going to enjoy these moments...even though they are not exactly what I was hoping for...

No comments:

Post a Comment