Friday, August 16, 2013

Ross and the Barefoot Contessa

Having Ross living here again is, of course, a mixed blessing. After YEARS OF John and I being the only two people in this house -- there is definitely a different rhythm to having a third person. For one thing, it means no more running around the house naked. You can imagine how much that cramps our style...

At first, Ross was surprised by how LITTLE cooking I do. John is diabetic -- and cooking for two people just wasn't much fun. So we often go out to eat. Nowadays -- I spend more time WATCHING cooking shows on television than I spend actually COOKING...

So, the other day, I was watching Ina Garten -- the Barefoot Contessa on the Food Network. Walking through the living room, Ross said, "She is the most pretentious person on television."
OH MY GOD....he is sooo right....when I tried to find a picture of her for this blog post -- there were a ton of these....


And it was interesting that in some pictures, even with the help of Clairol hair coloring -- Ina looks her age...the neck is a dead giveaway....

But in the recent photos -- she has become a big fan of pretentious scarves...YOU'RE NOT FOOLING ANYBODY, HON...


Anyway -- watching the show the other day -- she is packing up her pretentious lunch to serve to her pretentious gay guy guests. She had a little cellophane bag of homemade potato chips and said, "How easy is this? Homemade potato chips -- but I didn't have to make them myself. My friend makes them and sells them in these charming little bags."

Ross said..."Really? She has her own cooking show and they let her open up a bag of potato chips? My good friend has been making chips for me for years. Frito Lay sells me a giant bag for $2.59..."

No comments:

Post a Comment