Saturday, September 14, 2013

New York City Girlfriend Trip!!


I've been inspired to write about friendship this summer. And Girlfriend trips. And good books. My friend Sandy has brought all that good stuff into my life. Here's a shoe shot from a Girlfriend Adventure we took in 2009...to the best city in the world....do you recognize the medallion on the sidewalk??
OF COURSE!! On our first day in New York City -- we went to Rockefeller Center!!

I cannot believe that I got to eat at Tavern on the Green TWICE that year. Our experience was absolutely incredible..
Carol, Evelyn, Sandy and me. WE HAD SUCH A GREAT TIME.!!

This is my favorite picture of Sandy at Tavern on the Green. We went there for a semi-affordable lunch. Although, it is kind of expensive to drink in New York City...
I think one cocktail cost $24. Shocking the place closed, eh?

On that beautiful fall weekend -- we walked around Central Park -- and there was a huge Art Show going on. Students from many different schools. It was a stunningly beautiful day...
And Sandy had to buy something from EVERY SINGLE KID.  She is one of the most generous people I've ever known. And a SUCKER for art -- that's for sure. Maybe because her daughter is an art teacher??

Whenever I AM PLANNING time in New York City I make sure there is at least one visit to Ellen's Stardust Diner!! On the corner of 52nd Street and Broadway -- the wait staff SINGS. Every one of them has an incredible voice and of course they came to New York to be discovered -- NOT to wait tables. And they certainly MADE US HAPPY...
I didn't realize I had this great picture. When I saw it, I was taken back to this moment like it was yesterday. We had SO MUCH FUN..


We did it all. Times Square at night. Phantom of the Opera. Ellen's Stardust Diner.Subway rides. St. Patrick's Cathedral. Sak's Fifth Avenue. Trump Tower. Macy's. Tom's diner. Central Park. The Metropolitan Museum of Art...


We took a tour of Rockefeller Center - and the woman on the left was our docent. I think her name was Eva.


The view from the TOP OF THE ROCK. Looking down to the Empire State Building.


Another shoe shot. This is the carpeting inside the Marriott Marquis.

The four of us got together for dinner at Sneaky Pete's last week and if anybody mentions New York City -- we all smile from ear to ear.  IT WAS AMAZING...

When I think about it -- some of the best times in my life have been in New York City. With my sisters, Ronda and Deena and my cousin Kim (several times) and her daughter Carrie, my sister Deb (several times), and her daughters Glennda, Stacy and Emily -- as well as her granddaughters, Ally and Lexi.  My cousins Jackie and Linda and my friend Mary (several times), my friend Eileen, the WONDERFUL GROUP from Designs in Machine Embroidery magazine!!  Virginia and Luveta, Judy, Carol, Evelyn, Sandy, Marion (many times), Ann, Donna, Janet.   And, of course, my daughter-in-law, Emily -- the year before she got pregnant with Lillian.

GUESS WHO I AM TAKING TO NEW YORK CITY NEXT???

I can hardly wait for Lilly to be old enough...is five too soon?...I wonder...

No comments:

Post a Comment