Tuesday, October 29, 2013

2013 Halloween

The last time I got dressed up for Halloween Ross was in the first grade -- and my friend Lorna and I ran around the gym, dressed like witches. We thought we were the bomb...

Nowadays -- EVERYBODY gets into Halloween. Not just the kids, either. The teachers, the people working at the bank, the grocery store -- there are many adult parties where costumes are required.

And it's fun for me to live vicariously. A couple of years ago, my niece Nicole came to my house and after just a little digging in my basement -- she was a respectable pirate wench (is that an oxymoron?)

As close as I got to my own costume this year was having a special Halloween pedicure...

Yes, spiders on both big toes. I LOVE IT...
This little girl is all over Pinterest.  Can you see who or what she is???  That's right -- she is the DICTION-FAIRY....(you might have to think about it for a bit...)
This picture is so good, it could be made into a modern day poster.  Clubber Linda's granddaughter, Abby!!  I LOVE THAT she dressed up to replicate the Rosie the Riveter!!

Nicole called one night to see if I could help Memphis come up with something at the last minute...and -- WITHOUT EVEN BREAKING A SWEAT -- we soon had an entire Princess ensemble -- complete with a tiara and a fake fur stole...
The next day, Amy called to see if I had any ideas for Dolly Parton. I went to my basement to look for a square dancing skirt I thought I had. I never found the skirt -- but I DID FIND A PAIR OF BLACK PANTS heavily embroidered down both sides...it was sooooo Dolly circa 1976!! All she needs is the blonde wig and two large pillows. (but, of course -- it'll be the pants that make the outfit.)

No comments:

Post a Comment