Friday, October 18, 2013

Amy and Nicole Luncheon, Part 2

Amy has a beauty shop in her home and Nicole works at a bank. Wednesday is Nicole's day off and her daughter Memphis is in first grade this year. That means ALL THEIR kids in school full-time. So, wow -- even though I invited them on Tuesday -- they were both available for lunch the next day.

As they were setting the table at one end of the porch...


They may not have noticed the giant semi-wrapped "gift" at the other end of the porch...


The gifts are just one reason for the lunch....


First -- we ate a delicious lunch and enjoyed some adult conversation...


This is what the fritatta looked like AFTER I ran it under the broiler...


And the Olive Cheese Bread...OMG....


This gift is for Amy...can you see what it's made of??


That's right! BUTTONS. On black velvet!! Seriously --- how lucky is that??


Nicole's gift was an Easter Bunny tablecloth and 12 matching napkins!!

I wanted to tell Amy and Nicole what a great job they're doing with their children. Parker, Cale, Garrett, Landon, Cash and Memphis have all been featured on this blog. They are wonderful kids -- all very dear to my heart -- with different talents and their own points of view.

And I also wanted to thank both Amy and Nicole for including us in their holiday celebrations. For years, my boys lived away from Iowa and it wouldn't have been much fun for me to cook a turkey for John. We enjoyed going to Amy's house for Thanksgiving and Nicole's home for Easter. I have wonderful memories of the holidays we spent with their young children....

But life is all about change.  Ross and Elliott are back in Iowa. Also, we have been blessed with two grandchildren -- so we are no longer a little party of two. I want Lillian and Warren's memories to center around our traditions -- and I still have a few turkey dinners in me...so this year, with Lilly's help -- I'll be once again be cooking the Farro family turkey. But I wanted Amy and Nicole to know how much I appreciated and loved being included in their holiday celebrations...


But, of course, AFTER we eat -- we could go up to Amy's house for Ronda's pumpkin pie and turkey notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment