Thursday, October 17, 2013

Road Trippin...

America makes a lot of mistakes. As I write this -- the actual government is closed for business. So I wanted to write about some things we do right. Take, for example, our highway system. Specifically -- the fabulous REST AREAS. NO other country does them quite like we do.
John and Pat -- on our spring road trip from Iowa to Connecticut

For the last decade -- every Rest Area I've visited -- in Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, S.Dakota, Missouri, Ohio, Pennsylvania, -- well -- MANY STATES -- has been clean as a whistle (whatever that means).
This particular rest area was in Illinois...(I think)


Of course, the MOST IMPORTANT THING is the immaculate rest rooms...


I am always pleasantly surprised when the outside areas are planted with well tended flower beds...


I pull off to take a nap, or have a bite to eat at a picnic table under a shady tree...


Who am I kidding? The whole point of a road trip is EATING IN MY CAR...
Marion and I have a MAJOR road trip coming up -- down the East Coast. AND after that -- I'll be driving to Kansas City by myself. But don't worry about me. I'll have a good book on tape -- and no matter where you go in America -- there are those helpful, perfectly placed, spotlessly clean REST AREAS...

No comments:

Post a Comment