Tuesday, November 26, 2013

ERT: New York City, Still Day One: Dinner and singing....

I am sorry to be dragging this out....I mean -- ARE WE STILL ON DAY ONE OF THE EPIC ROAD TRIP?? How is that even possible? It  must seem to you that I am telling this story in real time. I dunno....it surprises me, too. JUST LIKE THE ROAD TRIP. You have nooo idea how we enjoyed lolly-gagging from New York City to Florida...

Obviously I am enjoying the reporting and reliving of the ERT a little too much.  The good news is -- the blog will move a lot quicker once we actually get ON THE ROAD!!  At least,  YOU HOPE SO, EH?

After our frenzied shopping trip to Mood Fabrics -- we hooked up with Jeff again at what I consider to be the FINEST RESTAURANT IN THE WORLD.....That's right -- Ellen's Stardust Diner at the corner of 51st Street and Broadway!!  Just a short walk up the street from the Edison Hotel...

My rule is EVERYBODY HAS TO GO TO ELLEN'S STARDUST DINER....

Last year, Marion took two of her granddaughters to New York City. When she looked into getting Broadway show tickets for the three of them -- it would have been over $500. YIKES. So, instead -- she took them to Ellen's Stardust Diner -- where the singing is WORLD CLASS EXCELLENT. And every single song is a show-stopper!! (the singing wait staff are all hoping there is a Broadway producer in the audience -- so they only pick the BEST songs, of course!!)
Jeff LIVES in New York City -- and he has never been there. 


Our waitress was Anne -- and she had an INCREDIBLE singing voice...


She asked for requests, and this is her singing the song from Jekyll and Hyde, "Someone Like You" Yes -- that is me with tears in my eyes. Such a beautiful song...


My picture does not do her justice -- but I am SURE one day she will be a STAR...


These two guys did another request -- the song from Chess -- "I Know Him So Well"


After our fabulous singing supper -- Marion and I headed to the WHOLE REASON FOR THE NYC visit -- can you see what Broadway show we are headed to? 

No comments:

Post a Comment