Monday, November 11, 2013

Houston Inspiration

Travel is always stressful. I landed at the Houston airport for the International Quilt Market and I was rushing to baggage claim -- worried about where to catch the shuttle, and maybe I forgot to pack my hairbrush -- the usual problems. Oh -- my phone seemed to have a dead battery -- yada yada...

Then -- I came upon this little corner shop I had never noticed before...Desigual.  Have you ever heard of it?  Here are some pics off their website....


I LOVE THEIR mix of patterns


AND I love their use of WORDS along with the designs...


The quality of the fabric was wonderful, soft cotton knit...

This is a quote I might like to paint on a dress...

I could use a quote -- or maybe just individual thought-provoking words...


I think this jacket could be from upcycled sweaters...


SUCH an interesting mix of patterns, don't you think?


LOVE the asymmetrical sleeves -- more words...


This technique -- the solid sides and back -- is GENIUS for a fat girl...


Sadly, the biggest size was very, very small looking...


STUNNING color combinations in the entire collection.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the idea of mixing words with designs. And as it happens -- I found just the right white pleather jacket last week at a thrift store. Think about the designs, mixed with words, that I could paint on it...

Here's a quote that is in the running.....“There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.”

No comments:

Post a Comment