Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Where do YOU GET your Inspiration?

I had a couple of emails about my Desigual post. YES -- THOSE CLOTHES WERE AWESOME. ANd I am very inspired!! I could hardly wait to dig into my beloved t-shirt mountain.

AND I certainly got a lot of inspiration from my recent ERT. (Epic Road Trip).  HOLY COW....wait until you see the fabric I bought....!!  It is off the hook....

But even if you NEVER travel -- or don't happen to have 500 t-shirts  in your basement, waiting to be upcycled -- you can get inspiration WHEREVER you live. For example -- Cracker Barrel...
My niece Amy has Cracker Barrel Rockers on her porch...
Their Halloween inventory is the best I've ever seen.  This broom is battery operated and moves AND makes scary music...
We all know I'm a BIG FAN of adding a dance skirt to a t-shirt top...
The Christmas shirts are already coming in...OF COURSE...
Sue liked this snowman shirt.  I liked this picture of Sue...
Sue does AWESOME seasonal decorations. I've never seen the gourds-in-the-windowbox-trick...a person could get inspired just driving by her house.
Of course, shopping is ALWAYS a good way to get inspired. Whether it's just a walk around at your local mall -- or my new favorite place -- the Disigual store at the Houston airport -- which, in turn, took me to their website on the internet. There are SO MANY WAYS to get inspired.

Maybe the BEST, MOST FUN WAY is to attend a consumer sewing show. Take some classes, eat lunch with other sewing enthusiasts, attend a few fashion shows... Let me see -- this weekend -- there is a great one IN KANSAS CITY!! Mary and I will be Ya Ya'ing at the Original Sewing and Quilt Expo

AND -- one of the best ways to get inspiration is to read about other women who love to sew -- and learn what inspires THEM.  I have been delighted to be writing for Schmetz needles -- and one day soon -- I'll be announcing their new digital magazine, "Inspired To Sew"...

No comments:

Post a Comment