Sunday, December 1, 2013

2013 CNN Hero -- Chad Pregracke

PLEASE WATCH THE CNN HEROS SHOW TONIGHT -- on CNN -- at 8:00.  Thanks to your votes, Chad Pregracke won.  He already received his award -- and the show will be on tonight-- I'll be at the Bettendorf Waterfront Convention Center, watching a special screening with Chad and his crew from Living Land and Waters.

I am taking Lillian with me -- because Chad's story is so inspiring. He was just a kid himself when he decided one person CAN make a difference. What a message..several years ago -- I went to the Capitol Theater when the Discovery Channel did a show about Chad....
I bought his book, and had it autographed, and several years later, I took my great-nephew Austin to meet Chad at the annual fund raiser.
He is not comfortable giving speeches in front of a large room of people....

But, of course, THAT'S OKAY. Thank you all for voting for him -- I hope to post some pictures this week about what he said at the screening of the CNN show....

No comments:

Post a Comment