Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas gift to myself...

IT IS OVER, IT IS OVER, IT IS OVER...I can almost feel the huge, gigantic sigh of relief  happening all across the land.  Christmas is A LOT OF WORK, A LOT OF EXPECTATION, SO MANY PLANS, COOKING, CLEANING, DECORATING, SHOPPING...gheesh...I am SO HAPPY IT IS OVER....

************

I asked Santa for a new old-fashioned CD player this year. Actually, I ask for that EVERY YEAR. They make them SO CHEAP -- they just don't last.  CD players are nearly a disposable item. And who are we kidding?  The whole CD world is about to go the way of the dinosaur.

BUT --  I always listen to a CD book when I'm working in my basement (sewing, laundry, treadmill, etc.). And if I'm really into the book -- I bring the CD upstairs to keep me working in the kitchen....so you can see I need TWO CD players at all times.

So, the week before Christmas, I was surfing Amazon. Although I resisted the temptation to just buy it myself  -- I DID purchase a new (used) CD of my very favorite Broadway show of all time -- CHESS. The music is extraordinary...I have worn this CD out at least three different times.

I love every song. AND, coincidentally, somebody sent me a link to this video -- of an audition contestant on the 2011 Britain's Got Talent...

I hope the link survives the blogger platform filters...if it does, promise me you'll watch until at least the three-minute mark...

No comments:

Post a Comment