Friday, December 6, 2013

Downton Abbey

I think I must be the ONLY PERSON IN AMERICA who didn't watch Downton Abbey. EVERYBODY I know has been raving about it for three years now.

However, last year I decided NOT to watch -- because I figured after missing the first two years, it would be too hard to follow the story...

But, finally -- I CRIED UNCLE. I knew I was missing something important. My book clubbers told me I could "just get it from the library". Yeah -- right. There is a three-week waiting list...ugh.

Then -- I did WHAT I ALWAYS DO -- I went to Amazon.com. And boy-o-boy-o -- with a stroke of Ritaluck -- I found a complete set (used) of all three seasons -- for only $27...!! ($3.99 shipping and handling).

So, one night, when there was nothing good on television -- I watched the first two episodes. Ross watched it with me. It immediately became our late-night habit. Our guilty pleasure. I make a big bowl of popcorn -- he makes himself an Old Fashioned -- and we watch two hours of Downton Abbey.

The very first night -- I was HOOKED. And I wanted to do a five or six hour marathon...

But Ross said that was a bad idea. (besides, HE had to get up early for work the next day.)

So -- if we're both home (which is kinda rare) -- we watch two hours of Downton Abbey...




And YES, YES, YES -- YOU WERE RIGHT...It is a great show. I am loving it. The characters are terrific. I am especially enjoying watching it with Ross. And, yes, he was right about limiting our viewing to just two hours at a time.
Because now, I have something to look forward to....
If I had my way -- IT WOULD NEVER END...

No comments:

Post a Comment