Saturday, January 25, 2014

My Charity Work

If you are a regular reader of this blog, you know all about my Epic Road Trip with Marion this fall -- and our stop in Hershey, Pennsylvania. We took a tour that included the Milton Hershey School...
Originally established for orphan boys, Milton Hershey did amazing things with his money...

AND his legacy is still on-going.  During our visit, they were creating this candy house, entirely out of Hershey products .
When Santa arrives at Chocolate World, the children can get their picture taken in the chocolate house -- and their parents can make a donation.  The money they raise goes to the Miracle Children's Network, one of Hershey's charity partners.
Hershey is an amazing company.  They encourage their employees to give back to the community, and even pay them two days a year to volunteer at any charity of their choosing...
In an effort to be supportive -- my consumption of Hershey products has increased ten-fold...I am doing everything I can...
Marion made this perfect polar fleece jacket for me...she designed the pattern, and, well -- there is another story (as I'm sure you guessed).  Yes, it did involve a little Ritaluck...

No comments:

Post a Comment