Monday, January 20, 2014

Yellow Quilt T-Shirt Binding

Okay -- you HAD to know  my "quilt repair" would start with a dig on t-shirt mountain.  That really is kind of the whole point, y'know??
RITALUCK!  These tie-dye colors will be the PERFECT match.  I cut some 2" strips...
Right sides together -- I serged the strips onto the quilt edge.
The beauty of using t-shirt fabric is you don't have to worry about a bias, or seaming the binding...just overlap the pieces as you go along. 
The next step is a simple stitch in the ditch...fold the t-shirt around to the backside...and stitch next to the binding on the top of the quilt...
Then trim off the excess on the backside of the quilt...
This is the back side, after trimming.  It looks great. I am loving the tie-dye...
This is the front side. I did the two long sides...then the two short sides...(easy way to deal with the corners)
This is what the new binding looks like....IT IS BEAUTIFUL.
And, hey  -- aren't you curious about how I repaired that tattered, worn-out quilt square?

Hummm...It started with an epiphany...

P.S.  If you are a REAL quilter, thank you for reading my blog.  If you are offended by my t-shirt binding...you need to brace yourself for what's coming next...

No comments:

Post a Comment