Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Fry Bread

In the interest of MAKING THE BEST OF THINGS -- there is a silver lining to a long, hard winter. You are forced to do indoor activities that you otherwise would not have the time or interest to do.

So it's hard to say what I've enjoyed more this winter...the book reading or the cooking. The jigsaw puzzle marathon, or the tantric sex.

Yeah -- it was definitely the cooking...

Here's something new to me -- fry bread.  OMG...this was a seriously delicious treat...

The recipe couldn't be easier:

5 cups of flour
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp of baking powder
3 cups of water.

That's it.  Mix it all together with your hands...and when it comes to form a dough ball -- let it rest for 30 minutes...

I knew it would be a big batch -- but I figured that would give me plenty for experimenting...
Cut the dough into balls and roll them flat.
Then -- FRY them in 1/2 inch of hot oil.
IT gets all puffy and wonderful....IT IS SO DELICIOUS...
Drain on paper towels.
I had way too much dough...so I decided to fry up some long pieces...
Just so I could sprinkle them with sugar...
And dip into my coffee cup...
Oh, yeah -- this cabin fever thing might not be so bad after all...

1 comment: