Monday, March 24, 2014

ERT: We Arrived!!

I have received several emails asking if Marion and I ever did arrive at our destination. Sorry -- I didn't mean to leave you hanging. YES, OF COURSE WE DID.

Maybe I put off this final blog post about our ERT (Epic Road Trip) because I didn't want it to end.  Then, the holidays got in the way...and -- what do you know?  IT'S MARCH ALREADY...

It was such a great trip....and I AM SO GLAD WE DID IT, MARION...

Because here's what I know for sure.  You NEVER know anything for sure. 

Life happens so fast...and the changes can be both instant and permanent. Of course, the older I get, the more clear this is -- which is why this particular trip was so special.

Once we left Savannah, Georgia -- we got on I-95 S. We had pretty much avoided it up to this point -- but who are we kidding?? IT WAS TIME TO MAKE SOME TIME...

The landscape changed very quickly -- and palm trees became a part of the scenery...
It's been such a long, cold, gray winter -- I barely remember what a blue sky looks like...
It was our longest day in the car -- but at the end would be HOME...(for Marion, of course -- not me)
Everything in this part of the world is so lush and green...
I was smitten by the number of beautiful, tropical birds lounging around town...
The vegetation is VERY DIFFERENT from my beloved Iowa cornfields...
Oh, yeah -- Marion's condo is ON THE GOLF COURSE....
The public beaches are accessible and absolutely, 100% stunning. 
Here we are, on our last day together.
Sometimes, it seems like just yesterday Marion and I were headed south, laughing and talking -- with the wind in our hair. But, at other times, it feels like years ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment