Thursday, March 13, 2014

Home Improvement

The thing I really love about life is that you NEVER know what's going to happen next.

After college, Ross worked as a cameraman for several network affiliates...then, he took a job working for an outdoor channel doing hunting and fishing shows. He visited every state (Alaska several times). He even got to go to South Africa and Hungary...

As you can imagine -- we thought he had the PERFECT job. Except for the fact that he was only able to come home once or twice a year because he was traveling all the time and he lived in Northern Minnesota (12 hours away).

So -- it was quite a surprise when Ross announced he was moving back to Iowa to attend nursing school. After being long gone for 15 years -- he moved back in with his parents.  And there have been some adjustments.

For one thing, he brought his brand new queen size bed with him.  That's okay -- but what am I going to do with our perfectly good double bed?

We have a small house.  Which is JAM PACKED FULL....He was able to line his bedroom walls with our double mattress and box spring (think of it not so much as decor -- but, rather -- additional insulation...

The now-extra bed frame was leaning against a wall in the basement....

Then, one day, I saw the bed frame and thought, since it's there anyway -- it might as well serve a purpose...

Do you see the vision??

YES -- that's right!!  It's Lillian's new two-tiered clothing rack...
So it won't tip over on her -- I had to secure it to the wall.  Like any resourceful woman who sews -- I did it with cup hooks and fabric strips.  Yes, I AM WOMAN -- HEAR ME ROAR...
I used more fabric strips to secure the lower rod....seriously...this is a GREAT idea...
It is very secure...now, all I have to do is fill it up...
And, hey, while I'm at it -- I decided to hang up some art...THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN...

No comments:

Post a Comment