Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Mary Mulari's Ponytail Holders



Thanks to my friend Mary Mulari -- my life has been changed by the modest little ponytail holder. And I am always amazed at how frequently they come in handy. Recently, I used a ponytail holder to add a closure to a cellphone pocket on my remodeled purse (blog post to follow).

Around the holidays, I used many ponytail holders to create closures for my carseat blankets..and I took some pictures to explain  a few techniques...

The first step is to pick the right kind of button.  You want one with a SHANK on the back.
Then, pull the ponytail holder through the shank -- then, loop it back into itself.  See?
This is what it will look like from the front side
When I sew the button in place -- I put a plain white button on the BACK side...
Finished -- it is very secure...
In this case, the blue ponytail holder (on the back of the button) will be pulled through the white ponytail holder (doubled) ...and then BACK onto itself...
See how it works?  Genius...

No comments:

Post a Comment