Wednesday, March 26, 2014

My favorite hotel...

Because I was looking for a particular picture (and you know what a terrible job I do with pictures) -- I stumbled on some Blackhawk pictures from Christmas....ahhh.....fond memories...
At Christmastime, the Main lobby was decked out -- and I met my friend Jeff here.
Jeff lives in New York City now -- and he hasn't been in the Blackhawk Hotel for many years. He was astonished with the beautiful restoration. We sat on one of these comfy sofas, and exchanged Christmas gifts, and caught up on each other's lives...we had a lovely visit...
Jeff is a talented artist -- and he made me a googly eye Christmas ornament...
Of course, I gave him an Iowa t-shirt
AND, my 2013 gift -- a bag-o-rags...
Another one of my crappy mirror pictures (I don't have those selfie skills yet)

A couple of days later, I realized I lost my velvet gloves...one of my favorite things in the world...IvĂ© had them for years...I looked everywhere.  Then I called all the places I'd been over the weekend...

And -- guess who had my gloves??  THAT'S RIGHT -- THE BLACKHAWK HOTEL...
A few days later, I went back to pick up my gloves...and the desk clerk was so delightful...

No comments:

Post a Comment