Friday, March 28, 2014

Weekend BONANZA of Treasure Hunting!!

One of the best Estate Sale guys in this area is Dick Taber. He does a great job -- his sales are organized, the stuff is all priced, we all know how his system works, and because of his excellent reputation -- he gets ALL THE BEST SALES.

This winter, he got into a neighborhood known as McClellan Heights.  About four square blocks of huge, Victorian mansions...like this one...
I went on the first day with my friend Sue...
This is the view from the porch.  Yes, that's the Mississippi River...
HOLY COW...I could hardly wait to see the inside of this house...
Sue, visiting with a friend of ours...(I was already holding so much treasure, I could hardly take this picture)...
The library room was beautiful
A folding hunt-scene card table...$20
Most of the books were $2...
Server set for $10.
HUGE original painting.  $800.
My best piece of treasure was found in the barn behind the house.
I actually went to this estate sale on all three days.  And you'll see the TREASURE in another post.  There was just too much stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment