Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Chocolate Easter Eggs!!

It's amazing to me how much a small group of people can accomplish-- if they REALLY put their minds to it. My sister Deena is the heart of this operation -- over 1200 half-pound, hand-crafted chocolate covered Easter Eggs...
The entire church hall, AND kitchen, are covered with plastic...
Deena's granddaughter, Madeline, was visiting on this day -- and she was just a little bored...
I cannot tell you how wonderful this room smelled...
There were six flavors. Chocolate, vanilla, coconut, walnut, peanut butter.  (maybe there were only five flavors).
Each egg is individually weighed.
Then covered with chocolate...
Finally, packed into plastic corsage boxes. The different color flower on top depicts the flavor. (SO clever!)
Selling these beautiful, delicious Chocolate Easter eggs (for $7 each) is a big fundraiser for the Methodist Church in McCausland, Iowa. My sister Deena has been leading this team for many years -- and they get better and better.

I stopped in that day to witness this incredible operation. (I had no intention of actually helping).. But, I DID end up helping.  Sort of.  In my own way...

No comments:

Post a Comment