Saturday, April 26, 2014

My Maddie Day

On the day I stopped in at the church to witness the gigantic-chocolate-Easter-Egg-making-operation -- Maddie was visiting her Grandma (my sister Deena). She lives a couple of hours away, and was on Spring Break. Hey -- it seemed like a good idea at the time!!

But, after a long night of being the only child involved with this hard-working egg making crew of adults, the prospect of another day and night was no longer thrilling to Maddie. (don't worry, Deena -- it will remember better than it lived!)
Maddie DID have everybody's favorite new movie -- FROZEN....But Lilly was on her way to school...
As we were getting ready to leave (I had both Warren and Lilly with me) -- Deena asked if I could take Maddie along. She could use a break.
NO PROBLEM. So, Maddie got in the car -- and asked if she could take a few pictures. I said sure -- and there were 30 selfies that looked something like this....
We took Lilly to school -- then Maddie went home with me. And NOBODY WAS MORE DELIGHTED THAN WARREN....She was terrific with him...he laughed and laughed. SUCH A GREAT BABYSITTER...
Warren went down for his nap, and Maddie and I got busy making the Duff Tie Dye cake.  This was one of the bonus items in the Hey Rita Tote when Rhonda returned it to me.  MADDIE WAS DELIGHTED...
The colors were so intense, the directions were precise -- and that cake turned out EXACTLY like the picture on the box!
After we picked up Lilly at school -- the four of us went on to the Goodwill Store. Maddie had NEVER BEEN SHOPPING at the Goodwill Store. I loved listening to Lilly explain Goodwill Shopping. She said, "here's how it works, Maddie. Anything you like, you put it in Grandma's cart -- because it's a possibility. At the end, you take everything out of the cart and line it up. Then you get to pick the ONE THING you really, really want the most -- and Grandma buys it for you. If you can't make up your mind, or pout about getting more -- Grandma will put everything back."

No comments:

Post a Comment