Friday, May 9, 2014

Kids are Work!!

One week, Lilly and Warren spent a Monday night sleeping over at my house. Since I ALWAYS do breakfast with my crew on Tuesday -- it seemed like a simple thing to invite them to eat here. If the weather is nice, we might be able to have our first breakfast on the porch...

I knew I'd be busy with the kids -- so I never planned to actually cook much. No problem...the rest of the team had it covered. Linda will bring her breakfast casserole...Sandy is down for the donuts...

Lilly was excited about having company for breakfast...(although, this is not her excited face).  So excited, as a matter of fact, she woke up at 5:30 that day to get dressed...
She tried on three or four outfits before she settled on this...
I actually thought it would be easy-peasy. I''ll get up early and take my shower....Maybe I'll have time before the kids get out of bed to make a pan of mini-popovers...

HA HA HA...Of course, you know what I'm going to say. When the ladies arrived -- I was still in my robe...no shower, I hadn't even had a chance to comb my hair. Popovers?? FORGET ABOUT IT. I hadn't even put the coffee on.
But nobody cared. Linda got the coffee started
Ronda put Warren in his high chair and got something for him to eat...
Ronda and Sandy got the food on the table -- while I went to brush my teeth...
The two Lindas were yucking it up...
Lilly changed her clothes for school -- (I had to take her at Noon)...
Lilly had special gifts for the girls...Sandy is her A-1 Pen Pal, and for all that effort -- she gets a pink hard boiled egg. (a girl can never go wrong with pink).

No comments:

Post a Comment