Monday, May 5, 2014

Spontaneous Day Trip

Okay -- it's been a LONG WINTER (I know you're sick of hearing this -- I am sick of LIVING it)...

But at the first sign of Spring -- I was ready for a road trip!!

So -- on the spur of the moment -- I made a phone call, got in the car, and drove 3 hours to have lunch with a friend...Can you guess who??
Here's a shoe shot...Note, I am wearing SANDALS -- it was 70 degrees in Iowa!!
 I drove NORTH for 3 hours -- and there was STILL SNOW...
Here's another clue.  A local restaurant making an original Cornish "Pasty"...???
THERE SHE IS...taking a picture of me taking a picture of her...
Deanna Springer from Beaver Dam.  We hooked up in the scenic, always beautiful, historic Mineral Point, Wisconsin!!
When I planned our day trip on Google maps -- this town is exactly half way between the two of us.  It's just PURE COINCIDENCE that it has the best thrift store in Wisconsin....
Neither Deanna nor I bought this pair of shoes...
BUT WE DID FIND plenty of treasure!!
Although, Deanna was checking her email on her phone as she was trying to pay her bill...(I, on the other hand, was totally focused on the thrift store bargains)...
Deanna and I have been friends for years. I first met her when I got a speaking job at Nancy's Notions retail store -- maybe 15 years ago. Wow. We were so young then!! She still works with Nancy -- she is the Director of Marketing and also manages the Quilt Expo, the wonderful quilt show in Madison Wisconsin every September.

THIS WAS SUCH A GREAT IDEA...!!

No comments:

Post a Comment