Friday, June 13, 2014

Elizabeth and Ritaluck

You all know the important members of Team Rita...
Carrie comes every Monday to keep me from becoming an episode of the TLC  Hoarder's Show
Sometimes, her daughter Elizabeth comes to help me, too..and I often have a bit of fashion for her to take home...
Elizabeth is a girly girl -- and right now, she is loving her maxi dresses. I am always delighted to have a little girl who enjoys some funky designs....so, some Mondays, when Carrie is cleaning my house, I'm down in the basement, making some new maxi dresses for Elizabeth. AND Elizabeth is a very appreciative fashionista.

Beyond that -- she believes in Ritaluck. TOTALLY.

Two weeks ago, Elizabeth decided she wanted a pair of child-size crutches. She thought it would be cool to play with them...Carrie said that was silly, and crutches are expensive, they are not toys (she is, after all, a responsible parent).

But Elizabeth had her heart set on them...she was begging...then she said this... "Mom -- please call Rita. She can find anything.."

Just to humor her, Carrie called me....

Of course, I was SO DELIGHTED that Elizabeth believed in my magic -- I went out the next day and found a set of wooden child-size crutches for $2.95.

When I took them to Carrie's house -- Elizabeth was beside herself with joy.  She was so excited. I was very pleased with myself.

Ten minutes after I left -- Elizabeth went out on the driveway with her crutches...and she fell...hard...Carrie texted me this picture -- with the words:

FACE PLANT....

OMG...and her permanent teeth are chipped....
That's how it happens, people...from one minute to the next, you just never know. Happy turns into sad in a heartbeat...we are all just one slip away from the E.R....

As a get-well gift, I made Elizabeth a long FROZEN dress...you cannot see the chiffon cape attached to the back. I sent glitter paint home with Carrie -- so they can create some big GLITTER SNOWFLAKES... Can you see what Elizabeth is doing? She's making a heart for me...!! aaaaahhhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment