Tuesday, June 3, 2014

My ART Project!!

Okay -- in my basement of TREASURES -- I have a big box full of beautiful leather purses. I have Fossil, Stone Mountain, Perry Ellis, Liz -- well, you get the idea. A beautiful purse is one of the things I LOVE TO BUY...(and I never pay more than $3)...

I have always wanted to PAINT ON LEATHER -- and the hands-on individual approach of the Fiber Artist group out-on-the-farm was just what I needed to make me brave...

But -- what if I ruin a fabulous purse? Best to start with something I'm not so in love with. Hummm.....

This purse was chosen to be my guinea purse because of it's beigeness. Which, as you know, falls into my taboo "TB" rule -- if it's TOO BEIGE (or TOO BROWN) I cannot buy it, use it or wear it. I am soooo not a fan of beige or brown...they just bring me down...
This beige Perry Ellis was just screaming PAINT ME, PAINT ME. ..
I thought this little box could be my design inspiration...
I also brought this knit dress which had GREAT color and a wonderful paisley pattern...
My teacher, Dorothy, encouraged me to JUST DO IT...
It took on a life of it's own -- please note we are using the cheapo acrylic paints...
When the paint was dry, I used a black marker to add the detail...
And you know how much I LOVE THE WORDS...
And why WOULDN'T I put my phone number on the actual purse???  Feel free to call me anytime...
HOLY COW...I LOVE THIS SO MUCH I CANNOT TELL YOU. I love it, love it, love it!! And Dorothy told me to just put it out in the sun and let it dry...that would set the paint well enough.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? That's all there is to it?? I'm trying to remember...why haven't I been doing this for the last 20 years??

This purse is AMAZING...I can't remember the last time I had so much fun...

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!! I have a boring beige purse.....lol and Sandals.....
    Miss you.....Linda in Othello

    ReplyDelete