Tuesday, July 29, 2014

2014 PORCH PARTY

Last Tuesday -- the day I'm having my PORCH SOFA REVEAL PARTY was the hottest day of the summer. With temperatures expected to hit 100 degrees -- we started the party with breakfast inside my air conditioned house.

My guests were my usual Tuesday morning clubbers -- the two Lindas and Sandy.  I'd also invited a few extra guests for the big occasion. My sister Ronda and cousin Kim. The menu was: fritatta with fresh pesto, popovers, and watermelon.
We got RIGHT TO THE EATING portion of the party -- and I forgot to take pictures of the food. Oh well. Who hasn't seen enough pictures of food -- right??
Kim and I on the old porch chairs -- showing off the NEW little coffee table...he is so cute..(yes, it's the cement money with her baby...I LOVE IT).
Even with the heat, there was good shade and a nice breeze.  We were surprised it was so tolerable, and moved out to the porch to take some pictures and eat dessert...
The fabulous foot stool deserves a post of it's own. (not to worry -- that's coming)...
The girls set it up many different ways so I could take pictures...then I insisted they all sit on it...
Here, Sandy, Linda and Ronda are following my orders ("put your feet up on the stool")....
WHAT A GREAT PARTY. It was wonderful to have my friends out to inaugurate the new porch configuration. It was only fair that they be the first ones to sit on the restyled sofa. God knows they've heard about it every week for months....

We did what we always do. We ate, we talked...we laughed...then we repeated those three activities. For hours.

We discussed our lives...we had a sew and tell....a special dessert from the Pioneer Woman....then more laughing. Well -- what can I say? By 1:30, we were all hungry again -- so I dished up the leftovers for a little lunch -- and it was 2:00 before the party was over.

YES, I DO KNOW HOW LUCKY I AM...

No comments:

Post a Comment