Thursday, July 17, 2014

I Am Grateful for....

Thinking about what I'm grateful for...on a daily basis -- hummm....how can I not mention -- Television!!

Who am I kidding?? Nobody enjoys the vast television wasteland more than me. Please don't send me an email telling me I should be ashamed of myself. I am not. As a matter of fact -- I refuse to be judged.

I am addicted to crappy television shows -- here is my 2014 summer short list:
  • Sister Wives (I think polygamy should be legal everywhere...maybe even required in some places -- except it would be one wife with multiple husbands in Alaska)
  • American Ninja Warrior (who comes up with these obstacles?? Soooo weird...)
  • Breaking Amish (you've gotta love 350 lb. Mary slinging back vodka shots in all her Amish garb...including the white linen bonnet...)
  • America's Got Talent (is having a great year!)
  • The Goldbergs (the BEST show on television right now -- I feel like I am living a parallel life)
  • Real Housewives of New York City (I am totally a Heather fan)
  • Fixer Upper (on HGTV -- I love these Texans)
  • Hoarding (this show makes me feel good about my housekeeping) 
  • Real Housewives of Orange County (What do you think Shannon's husband does for a living?)
  • Naked and Afraid (one very odd show -- I cannot believe it is BACK for a new season...hey, if some woman is willing to get naked in front of a strange man and walk into the wilderness, it is my job to watch)...

Writing this post made me happy...is that a bad thing?

OR -- maybe it just proves something I have long believed....the real key to happiness is lowered expectations...

Because the way I figure it, I also love Downton Abby -- but if I waited for THAT kind of television, I'd only be happy 8 days out of the whole year.... 

3 comments:

  1. I admit I watch some of those same shows. Just a few the same as you. Not judging. My son got me hooked on Storage Wars while he was home. I'm a Reality TV Fan, too. Gotta watch the train wreck on Big Brother all Summer while I wait for Downton and .the next Dancing With the Stars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks the list. I am in the UK, but will check out some of those progs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HGTV's Property Brothers - nice view.....and the houses are pretty great too :-)

    ReplyDelete