Monday, August 4, 2014

Emergency Hot Fudge Sauce

First of all -- remember I live in Iowa...my house is surrounded by corn fields. It was late at night...I was jonesing for something chocolate...

After taking an inventory of my pantry -- I concluded that THERE WAS NOTHING CHOCOLATE TO EAT. Of course, that was no surprise. Chocolate cannot survive in my house. I mean -- I only buy it to eat it...right???

Chocolate is not going to last. It simply doesn't have the life expectancy of, say, a bar of soap or a bottle of ketchup...

So, in an emergency situation -- what can a girl do?  After doing an internet search -- many recipes for hot fudge sauce called for stuff I did not have. Hummm...I did find some Hershey's cocoa...???

Hell...it's worth a shot.  I put all this in a saucepan and cooked it until it was bubbly...

1 cup sugar
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 cup Half and Half
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoons vanilla  (I added this at the end)
Hershey's has NEVER LET ME DOWN...
I kept whisking...it took about 6 minutes to come to a boil...
And it got nice and thick...(even more so after it cooled)
Oh, yes, this was a VERY GOOD IDEA...
I broke up some graham crackers in the bottom of the bowl. The ice cream was mediocre, but the hot fudge sauce was AMAZING...
Then, you hide the leftover fudge sauce in your refrigerator by putting it in a Jelly jar that has a "sugar free" label....nobody ever touches that crap....

No comments:

Post a Comment