Monday, August 18, 2014

Penultimate Porch Post

I can only imagine how TIRED you are of hearing about my 2014 porch project. Yes, I know...I go on and on and on. You'd think I was redecorating Rockefeller Center. I KNOW!! I keep trying to stop...BUT I JUST CAN'T GET OVER IT...

And this last porch accessory came to me via my daughter-in-law, Emily. I am delighted that she enjoys treasure hunting -- and one day, at a garage sale, she found this beautiful wall hanging...
I laid it on the sofa to take this picture.  I love the fabric collage technique.  But the reason Emily bought it was because two of the fabrics WERE USED WHEN I MADE SLIPCOVERS FOR MY OLD PORCH FURNITURE...
Take note of the fabric down the center of the chair on the left...
THAT wall hanging art piece will turn into the perfect fabric to recover this bench ($5 at a garage sale)
To bring the OLD upholstery into the NEW porch -- I added a few blue pieces, some yellow...a few words...oh, yeah, zebra...
Here it is, the final detail....at the end of the table...it is sturdy enough for TWO people to sit and eat!! I LOVE IT...
AND -- I never planned to change the porch valance. I have always loved it...see THAT fabric, at the top, is the same fabric in the hanging art piece -- which is now the new bench at the end of the table.
YES, I KNOW -- IT'S TOO MUCH, ISN'T IT??

Hey -- it's over....this is the end of the 2014 porch project...almost.

I have enjoyed every minute. The sewing was so much fun, planning the fabric, painting with Lilly, finding one treasure after another that just FIT PERFECTLY...HOLY COW.

And, since I started (way back in May) -- it has been a great summer to be on the porch!! During the various stages -- we've had many, many wonderful meals on the porch with family and friends.

The hummingbirds have been cooperating...they are here in droves now.  John has to change two large feeders every single day.

Warren loves the hummies and his new high chair at the porch table...

I am officially declaring my porch DONE...and not a moment too soon. The kids are going back to school -- so the summer is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment