Saturday, August 16, 2014

Porch Party Sew and Tell

It was the day of the porch-party-reveal....I was so excited to have my friends see the finished porch sofa. NOBODY has a more appreciative audience than I do...
I took a picture of Sandy, taking a picture...
Sandy, Linda and me -- sitting on the new sofa....
THEN -- Sandy shared her own Sew and Tell.
Can you see what it is? Sandy made a jelly roll quilt....you buy this roll of fabric that has already been cut into strips. The first step is to sew all the pieces together.
The colors were pinks, white, grays...
Unlike me, Sandy is a very picky seamstress.  Can you see the PERFECT detail of her joinings??
Even the BACK side of her quilt is picture perfect...
Again -- here's what I love about sewing. EVERYBODY DOES IT THEIR OWN WAY. I cut up and sew old t-shirts, some of you enjoy heirloom sewing, or tailoring, fitting, fashion, bridal, baby. My sister Deb must do machine embroidery EVERY SINGLE DAY. Millions of you, like Sandy and Linda, love quilting. But no matter what kind of actual sewing you prefer -- the end benefit is always the same. It's creative, it's relaxing, it's YOU making SOMETHING. There is such a feeling of accomplishment and personal expression.

The big question that day was what should Sandy use for the backing and binding of her quilt?? Hopefully, I'll be able to post a picture of her finished quilt. She is one of those GET R DONE girls...

No comments:

Post a Comment