Friday, September 19, 2014

Museum Cleaning Crew

The truth is -- there are about a kajilion jobs out there that I never even think about. That thought hit me when I noticed this cart at the Figge...
OF COURSE somebody has to clean all these statues...
I asked the young lady if I could take her picture....
She uses delicate camel hair brushes to dust the statues and frames...it takes a very light touch...
The young lady had headphones and was listening to music. If I had that job, I'd listen to a different book on tape every day. I do really enjoy my books on tape (I have John hooked, too)...

So, as I was thinking those random thoughts -- I turned and saw this painting...

Hey -- we live in Iowa.  A picture of a cow's ass isn't all that surprising...But I must admit, it didn't strike me as a masterpiece....
I mean -- who are we kidding -- if you've seen one cow butt -- you've seen them all -- right??
But, much to my surprise, this wasn't a painting by a local Iowa artist.  THIS is a painting by Rosa Bonheur, one of the most important women artists of the 19th Century....she was FRENCH...I'm telling you....Emperor's New Clothes...
Hey -- learning something new is always the real point of visiting a museum, isn't it?? This painting fascinated me...that anybody would spend their time and energy painting a cow's ass...I HAD TO LEARN more about this artist.

I am so ignorant about so many things.  Here's a Wikipedia link to : Rosa Bonheur,

No comments:

Post a Comment