Saturday, September 27, 2014

NEW Living Room Art

In my real life -- ART IS EVERYWHERE.  And I think the best thing about ART is that you can change it up any time you want...And I love doing that.  I like to change my bedding with the seasons -- and I also frequently change my rugs....you know how I feel about Christmas mugs...

But many of the things in my home are more sentimental...than, say -- actual ART....
This plastic peacock was one of my mother's most prized possessions.....BUT, sorry, Mom -- I finally got tired of it.
This is the new piece I hung in this corner...I love the pop of green...
This was my old living room wall.  I have always loved the faces here -- and the original painting ($38 from the antique mall) has been hanging there for five or six years now...
I replaced it with my new painting -- a birthday gift from Bert...
This piece also went up on the wall
There were so many to choose from that day...
I bought it last summer -- IT'S TIME TO HANG IT UP...
I love it when art and words come together...
Anne and Linda both enjoyed our treasure hunt...
I can't believe one of us didn't buy this!!
Or this amazing floor lamp!!
I love Jan Byron dolls.  This one says, "Nobody can be exactly like me....sometimes even I have trouble doing it."
My hallway wall is still full of embroidered samplers...
This one was inspiration for a Ya YA embroidery CD...
A chicken made out of buttons??  I'M TELLING YOU -- THE ART IS EVERYWHERE...!!

No comments:

Post a Comment