Thursday, September 25, 2014

The Pioneer Woman MIXER

I have LONG been a fan of Ree Drummond -- the Pioneer Woman. Her story is legend, of course. She married a rancher, had four kids, decided to home school, loved taking pictures around the ranch, started to blog about things, especially her love of cooking -- and, well, you know the rest. She has a popular show on the Food Network, writes cook books, and is probably making millions of dollars from endorsements and celebrity appearances.

One thing I never understand is why people want to be so negative...when I say I am a fan of the Pioneer Woman -- people want to tell me why she is a fake, or her recipes are too full of sugar or butter, or her kitchen at the lodge is a totally made-up television studio...STOP IT...

I certainly know they have to have SCRIPTS and PLANS for creating a television show, for crying out loud...and I would only hope that her ACTUAL family meals don't take place with a dozen television crew members standing around behind cameras, and holding up hot lights...ugh...

For me, Ree Drummond rings true. When I watch her show, I see a homemaker who loves to cook, and take pictures, and she enjoys her husband and her four children...AND WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT, PEOPLE???

I've gotten a lot of cooking tips from her show...like the coffeecake I made for my porch luncheon last month. Because of her show, I have changed the way I make bruschetta, her Mexican Macaroni Salad is the best I ever ate -- I decided to give poached eggs another try (still no luck), but her caramel sauce is quick and AMAZING...
The situations on her show seem appropriate and realistic to me -- and I can personally vouch for her DELICIOUS FOOD...
BUT THE PIONEER WOMAN THING I AM COMPLETELY OBSESSED WITH is her hand-painted, flowered mixer. It's a gigantic Kitchen Aid, just like mine -- except that her mixer is STUNNING...
She had an orange one in her kitchen -- but this new blue color is my favorite. DON'T YOU JUST LOVE IT??
I have tried several times to WIN ONE from her website or Facebook page -- but that doesn't seem to be working. So, I guess I'm just going to have to PAINT THE ONE I HAVE...hummm...that will be a lot more fun anyway, eh??

I did think about posting a picture of my sad, boring, dirty, old white Kitchen Aid...but, really, what would be the point of that?? I'm thinking some kind of Kandinsky-inspired motif...???

HEY -- I'm going to go to my Pinterest Boards.  I've pinned lots of funky furniture -- and I'll bet there is some inspiration there, just waiting for me...
simple, eh?  I could see this on my mixer...
HIGH BISCUITS AND A HUMMINGBIRD??? John would love this...
I love these colors and this technique...
Adding words is always fun for me
AWESOME...
Painting my Kitchen Aid is going to be my winter project...I AM SO EXCITED!!

No comments:

Post a Comment