Wednesday, September 3, 2014

YOU GO, JUDY!!

Every summer, I try to do some extra-friend-catching-up. I think it's because our winters are long and hard -- and there are days, weeks or even months when you JUST CAN'T TRAVEL. Not to another state, not to another county -- maybe not even to the end of your own lane...

One of my not-so-distant friends is Judy.  She used to run the monthly sewing club when I had my sewing machine store.  And on this day -- Phyllis and I got together to drive the 40 miles or so to Judy's house in the country.  It's certainly NOT THAT FAR...and we enjoy each others company so much -- IT IS AMAZING we don't make this effort more often, eh??
Judy's sewing skills are beyond remarkable.  Here, Phyllis is marveling at her picture-perfect applique...
Judy and Phyllis are both fans of Mary Mulari's books and patterns...
Judy's sewing studio is so impressive.  Shelves for books and patterns, tables for several sewing machines and sergers, a large work table in the middle, a closet full of neat tubs loaded with her fabric stash...
We had a great time!!  Sorry about the crappy selfie -- but I think our smiles tell the story of our day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment