Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Franken-purse

I have this theory about women and their purses. Our purse likes and dislikes never change. We all buy the same purse, over and over again. Some women like leather, or over the shoulder. Others prefer a lightweight fabric or a cross-body strap. Some women are drawn to a certain brand, like Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Prada, or Kate Spade...
My sister Deb with her daughter-in-law Stacy...they are BOTH purse connoisseurs...Stacy is addicted to COACH...
My MUST HAVES: Cross-body strap, outside pocket for my phone, zipper top and just big enough for my billfold and my camera...This purse was a gift from my cousin Jackie and IT WAS PERFECT...lightweight...I LOVE IT...
This purse started out much bigger and deeper...but, I cut out about 6" in length. Now it's just big enough for Linda's purse and her camera.
This purse (thrift store, $3) had a lot going for it.  That's lightweight woven leather...with an adjustable cross body strap and a sturdy zipper.
Light colored lining -- with many pockets...It's only failing is that there is no outside pocket for my phone...ugh...
A zippered pocket on one side -- with the FOSSIL label...
I bought another tan fabric purse that had this colorful pocket was on the front. But the purse itself was small and narrow -- that NEVER works...
At  TMBC, and we went around the table, everybody discussing their own personal purse criteria..I showed the TWO thrift-store purses...the Fossil with no outside pocket...and the small purse with the fabulous pocket...Sandy said, "So -- you're going to take the pocket off the small purse and sew it on the Fossil?"  Well -- DUH!!  I hadn't really planned on doing that...but...HOLY COW....I wonder???
 Here it is.  I had to pull the lining completely out, and was able to mostly use the sewing machine to sew around the new pocket addition.  I had to hand-sew the bottom edge....THE COLORS ARE PERFECT...

THIS FRANKEN-PURSE is a dream come true for me. The way it worked out, I actually have TWO outside pockets now. The hot pink pocket with the cool latch is for my CAR KEYS...and the orange zippered pocket is for my cellphone...NO MORE DIGGING...

Yes, I know.  I HAVE THE PERFECT LIFE....

No comments:

Post a Comment