Wednesday, December 24, 2014

19th Street Light Show

On the Wednesday BEFORE Christmas week, I took Lilly and Warren to the 19th Street Light Show in Bettendorf, Iowa.


If you click on the picture, it should take you to their YouTube video...


The weather was perfect. It had been raining the day before...but on this day, it was dry and not too cold. With them both firmly buckled in their respective carseats in my backseat -- we went into town, listening to Christmas music.

 I stopped at McDonald's for Happy Meals -- knowing we might have to sit in line to get close to the house. And that was the right thing to do...we were all very content, with our hot and delicious french fries...

We found the neighborhood, and because of the line of cars, we knew we were in the right place.

On their Facebook page, the 19th Street house told us to tune our radios to the FM station at 107.1. When we did that, we could hear the music from FROZEN...and that is how they choreographed their lights.

OMG... Lilly knows EVERY WORD from that movie. I have no idea how many times she's watched it. But it would have to be a four digit number at this point. And she LOVES, LOVES, LOVES the songs...all of them.

I did not understand how many songs were in that movie. There are a lot. The actual light show takes 13 minutes.

We listened to the whole show one complete time before we actually got close enough to SEE the lights.  Then, we waited for our turn, and got jockeyed around so the kids had an excellent view.

By the time the show was running for the third time, I was able to park my car in a great spot -- and both kids joined me in the front seat.  It was magical.

I don't know who the people are who live at the 19th Street house in Bettendorf -- and I do kind of pity their neighbors...

BUT I'D LIKE TO SAY A BIG THANK YOU...for all the work you did.  It was incredible!!

AND if there is a house like this in your town, do yourself a favor -- and GO SEE THE LIGHT SHOW before it's over!!

1 comment:

  1. We have a couple of homes like that within a mile of our house. Always fun to drive around looking at Christmas lights every year.

    ReplyDelete