Thursday, December 18, 2014

Christmas Franken-Sweater

Many of you USED TO WEAR Christmas sweaters and/or shirts (Deena).

But then you stopped (Deena).

As you know -- I don't let other people dictate MY sense of style.  And I love having a holiday wardrobe.

There is nothing but total joy in being able to wear a garment with a Snowman, or Santa Claus, running reindeer, connected by jingle bells and maybe even some obnoxious lights. It is the definition of happy.

I don't care how tacky you think it is -- Lillian is DELIGHTED with my holiday wardrobe. And isn't that all that matters??

The month before Christmas -- at the Goodwill store -- I found a black sweater, with the tags still on it ($89). There was no actual Christmas motif -- but it had "HOLIDAY" written all over it -- with many silver flowers made out of sequins. Wow. THAT is a statement sweater.
The two sides were asymmetrical -- and I loved the individual pearls along the bottom...

$3.38.  There was only only problem. It was a size SMALL....
Fortunately -- I SEW!! I took a look, and decided I could cut the sleeves off -- and insert them into the side of the sweater...making it a much larger Women's VEST...
I laid the size S sweater on top of one of my plus size -- just to see how far I'd have to go...
Once I cut off the sleeves -- I had to rework the armhole, of course.  No problem -- I'll use black t-shirt fabric to make a simple facing...
And -- EVEN THE PEARLS on the bottom of the sleeve match the pearls on the bottom of the body of the sweater...
Oh, yeah, this is gonna be fun. Lillian is going to LOVE MY NEW HOLIDAY VEST...

3 comments:

  1. I currently own one tacky Christmas sweater, two tacky Christmas long-sleeve t-shirts and one nice seasonal long-sleeve t-shirt. Wear them a lot in December. Oh, and I made all the Christmas-print aprons we wear at work. No two are alike :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I own 2 very tacky Christmas Vests, 2 tacky sweat shirts, 2 nice seasonal long sleeve t- shirts and several tacky seasonal denim & other fabric long sleeved shirts......oh, my....and most are way to big, now.....I took 3 of them up.....I might be out of control.....lol

    ReplyDelete