Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Christmas Linens

I always say my Christmas decorations are mugs and rugs...and that's mostly true. But I realized this year that I also have MANY CHRISTMAS LINENS.  But I don't use them because they are not accessible.

Some things aren't so much about Christmas -- but winter scenes, i.e., snowmen tablecloths or Poinsettia napkins. But THEY ARE IN STORAGE (which is code for:  lost in the black hole that is my basement)....

On Christmas Eve, when I really want Christmas napkins, I don't have time to look for them....

 Hey -- why not "CHANGE OUT" my linen drawers the same way I change out my closet? 

DUH!!!

Sunday is Lilly's day here.  So, last Sunday, our main mission was to put up our tree.  (my job is to clear a path in the basement so Ross can actually get it to the steps!!  lol...)...

Lilly went through the napkin drawer, and put all the spring/summer colors (bunnies, pastels, patriotic, etc.) in a big tub to go to the basement.  Which left us one whole drawer for WINTER NAPKINS, tablecloths, table runners, etc.

THIS IS SUCH A GOOD IDEA...and it took all of about 15 minutes to do the change-out.  I can't believe I didn't think of this years ago...

Of course, the danger is that come Spring, I won't be able to find the tub of linens...so we'll be using Poinsettia napkins for our Fourth of July picnic...

But it is a risk I'm willing to take. 

No comments:

Post a Comment