Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Sue's Adventure Day

Our local community college always has an interesting roster of events. I particularly like their "lunch and learn". In November, they were hosting an event called:

"An Apron Collection" 

Revisit Grandma’s cedar chest for a look at the history of aprons. Cathy will display her Apron Collection and discuss the significance of the aprons. Bring and wear one of your favorite aprons. (Lunch included) 

This event has TMBC written all over it. One of our members (Linda P) was out of town (on a cruise through the Panama Canal) -- but the three of us were excited!! LUNCH at the fabulous Outing Club for one thing. That old-fashioned country club of years-gone-by...

I decided to invite my friend Sue.  I'll make it an early Christmas present -- and NOT TELL her where we're going...
That morning, I went to her house to pick her up...
We had a holiday catch up visit, but she had NO IDEA where we were headed...
At this point, I told her we were having lunch at the Outing Club...
But she didn't know it would be an APRON PROGRAM until we got there!
I had aprons for everybody.  Sue, me, Linda K. and Sandy (eat your heart out, Linda P)
The speaker did a great job with her apron collection...
After she did her presentation, Cathy went around the room, to ask other people about the aprons they were wearing....when she got to our table, we all shook our heads. Then, Linda K. said, "Rita -- you don't want to talk?"
Well, I couldn't resist getting my friends up -- and telling the group about EllynAnne Geisel's "Tie One On Day"...
Tie One On Day is such a great idea...I just had to share it!

No comments:

Post a Comment