Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The Rest of Parade Day

After we watched the Festival of Trees parade, Lilly and I spent the rest of the day in downtown Davenport. Of course, we were hungry -- so the first order of business was LUNCH...
One day, I'll show her this picture and say, "Grandma took you to your first bar when you were only five years old."
Sippi's in downtown Davenport is a WONDERFUL place to eat. And the cheesefries were the best I ever had...
Lilly agreed with me completely....
Then we walked across the street to the Figge Museum where they were having a children's craft day...
The tables were fully equipped....
Lillian made at least a dozen ornaments. She LOVES doing crafts!!
I enjoyed the cookies that were provided.
Admission was free that day -- so we did a little walk around the museum...
Whenever possible, Lilly got involved in making her own art...
Honestly -- she would STILL BE THERE. She is so earnest when she's working on a project.
Me, taking a picture of me taking a picture.
The parade was a great way to start the holiday season -- and it's been non-stop action ever since. THERE ARE SO MANY GREAT ACTIVITIES at this time of year!! And I am thrilled to have a little girl to share them with.

No comments:

Post a Comment