Monday, December 22, 2014

Unshrink your clothes

Welcome to the Monday of Christmas week. Today, I will make my "Countdown list"....just to make sure I'm not forgetting anything important...

But, to take my mind off all that important holiday stuff -- here's a mundane Monday-laundry post.

Doing laundry calms me. I love the feeling of making things clean....but it doesn't always work out. Sometimes, there are mistakes -- and things turn pink. Or they shrink. (Gheesh...that rhymes, and I really should do something with it...)

Most often, of course, it's the OTHER PEOPLE in your house who make the laundry mistakes.

Years ago -- John did not understand the value of SORTING laundry. He put one bright red article in with every load. My boys didn't enjoy wearing pink as much as I did...

One of our now-famous-huge-screaming-yelling-fights was about laundry. Specifically, John using hot water for every load. On that day, I realized he had shrunk and ruined an entire load of my clothes. He washed them in hot water, then put them in the dryer for an hour. Ugh.

I was furious, and I can still see myself, standing on our porch, waving a pair of now-too-small-pants, and SCREAMING at the top of my lungs....."I'VE TOLD YOU THIS OVER AND OVER AGAIN. IT IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE...HOT WATER SHRINKS THINGS...FOR CHRIST'S SAKE -- YOU WERE IN CHARGE OF NUCLEAR WEAPONS -- HOW IS IT YOU DON'T GET THIS?? WE CANNOT AFFORD FOR YOU TO DO THE LAUNDRY....YOU ARE NEVER, EVER, TO DO ANOTHER LOAD OF LAUNDRY...."

Looking back, I wonder if it wasn't one of those passive-aggressive things couples do to one another. On the one hand, he was doing the laundry, "helping" me...but, on the other hand, he subconsciously delighted when he ruined my clothes...

Oh, yeah, it's a wonder we stay married!

Maybe I could have salvaged some of those clothes...if only we'd had the internet. There was no Pinterest, of course.

WE ARE SO LUCKY, LADIES....and if you go to this link -- there is an excellent tutorial about how to UNSHRINK your clothes...with holiday eating upon us, I'm thinking I am going to try this with EVERY PAIR OF PANTS I own...


How to unshrink your clothes...

No comments:

Post a Comment