Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy Birthday Warren

Warren was the first baby born in Clinton County, Iowa in the year 2013. On the one hand, that seems like just yesterday. And on the other hand -- I cannot remember life before Warren...

He's had a wonderful year, and it has been a joy to be a part of it. He doesn't miss a thing...his smile can light up a room...

So, I'm just going to review his 2014...
This is my best picture of Warren on his FIRST birthday...January 1, 2013
Warren and Lilly at last year's Christmas
He is just SO DAMN HAPPY...
John put up his childhood train...a 1945 American Flyer...
In the summer, he LOVED being outside. I had a stroller in my trunk at all times, and another one at the house...
As I was working on my porch sofa, those cushions became his weekly jungle-gym...
He enjoyed the outdoor concerts with my TMBC. He never crawled...but scooted on his butt all round the park.
FINALLY -- at 19 months -- THERE WAS WALKING!! (Uncle Ross kept telling him he came from a long line of bipedal ancestors)
Which, of course, led to apple-picking...
My favorite selfie of the two of us. He ALWAYS has his "B". Which is a flannel blanket my sister Ronda made for him. He loves it so much, she made five or six of them...so I have one at my house, his Mom and I have a spare one in our cars...
He used to HATE his bath -- until I bought 24 rubber duckies. Now, it's a highlight of his day...
He comes here one day a week, then spends the night. There are a few words. "Nite-nite. Num-mum. And, his favorite -- No Thank You."
He answered ALL our political calls during the Fall.
I think that having a New Year's birthday is going to suck. Maybe it's not as bad as a Christmas Day birthday (my poor sister Deena)...but his birthday will never be just about HIM. We have some well established New Year's Day traditions....we've been eating that big fresh pork roast and sauerkraut meal for over 40 years...

 But, to honor Warren -- from now on -- the new dessert will always be BIRTHDAY CAKE!!...

No comments:

Post a Comment