Monday, January 5, 2015

Laundry Room Remodel

I have over 800 pins on my "Laundry" board on Pinterest!! Every one of them brings me a little bit of joy....
I only wish my Laundry Room looked something like THIS!!

Writing these laundry blog posts has made me think about how much time I actually SPEND in my laundry room. And the truth is -- it isn't even a "room". It's just one dingy side of the basement. I would be too ashamed to show you an actual picture of where I spend my Mondays....

Hummm...

Last night, I spent two hours looking at my Pinterest LAUNDRY board...and a LAUNDRY ROOM REMODEL is definitely on my list for 2015...and there are SOO MANY GOOD IDEAS OUT THERE...I don't know where to start....

I love the hanging ladder -- and I HAVE two of these rolling laundry baskets...
Great use for an old entertainment center, eh? (sadly, I already burned mine)...I also love the checkerboard tile floor...
I don't want actual cupboards -- I want to SEE what's in there.  But that CHANDELIER??!!
A girl can never go wrong with pink...
But it would be a lot more fun to actually STENCIL a design on my washer and dryer, don't you think??  Of course, I would never use beige...I don't see the point of beige...
I love the idea of using a fabric valance below the shelf to hide the plumbing.
Words always tickle me
A chandelier, a word --  AND a zebra rug??
What an excellent idea for a drying rack that can be put away!
This is my color yellow!! AND what a great way to display my apron collection!!
WOW. I am dizzy now with all the inspiration. But where do I start? Some things are possible -- other things are not....I will never have an actual "room". My washer/dryer will always be on one side of my unfinished basement. The walls are poured concrete, and the floor is cement.

PAINT is always a good place to start...BUT paint what? The floor? The washer and dryer? Hummm...

Next week, I will post some "BEFORE" pictures. Maybe. Oh, dear...it's such a big mess...how embarrassing...

AND I do have one photo, which will be my jumping-off-inspiration point.  I AM SO EXCITED...

No comments:

Post a Comment