Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Inspired To Sew Planning Meeting

I love, love, love writing for Inspired To Sew -- Schmetz Needles digital magazine. But a LOT OF PLANNING goes into every issue.  Sometimes, things don't work out -- so the key is to be flexible -- and have many Plan B's....

One of my favorite parts of this job is the PLANNING SESSIONS with Rhonda Pierce. We get together at some of the most extraordinary places.  Schmetz is located in Chicago, and I am on the Iowa East Coast...so we try to find a place in the middle if we need an all-day session.  Last month -- Rhonda suggested Starved Rock State Park in Illinois. I'd never been there -- and it was a truly amazing place...
Rhonda and I set up in the main lodge.
It was quiet...we took over several tables...and I had my own pot of coffee!!
After a very productive morning -- lunch was a steak taco on Indian Fry Bread!!  NO KIDDING...SOOO DELICIOUS
The main dining room has this magnificent fireplace.
All over the park -- there are wonderful art installations, wood sculptures, etc.  This blown glass mobile. Gorgeous, eh??
OMG -- I actually took a GREAT PICTURE!  Of  Rhonda, outside the main hotel entrance.
STARVED ROCK State Park is the #1 tourist attraction in the State of Illinois. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? How is it that I have never heard of this place??  This would have been such an excellent day trip when my boys were growing up.  It's only 90 minutes from my house.

THANK GOD I have these two adorable grandkids....I get yet another "do over"...

No comments:

Post a Comment