Wednesday, February 11, 2015

ROAD TRIP -- Starved Rock

I LOVE A WINTER ROAD TRIP. Really. It's just the best. The landscape is all crisp and white...everything looks so different. With the crops picked, you can see for miles and miles.

Of course, if you live in Iowa, you need to consider the weather forecast. But, on this day, it was supposed to be sunny and cold. No storms coming through...
AND GAS WAS $1.75/gallon. Holy Cow. I cannot believe we aren't making a bigger deal out of this bonus gas-pricing. I AM SO GRATEFUL...
Because I got rid of my smartphone -- John gave me a new Garmin for Christmas. It automatically updates all the maps...
I have a GREAT book on tape. More about this book later...Falling From Horses. I LOVED THIS BOOK...
Arriving at my location...lots of wood carvings??? Any clue??
A new place for me. I always love going some place I've never been. And there is LOTS TO SHARE about this location!!
So -- what's the purpose of the trip?? Here's your hint...
THAT'S RIGHT. I'm going to have a RHONDA PIERCE DAY. I am sooo excited. We have a lot of things to talk about. I am obsessed with Inspired To Sew magazine...AS YOU KNOW. I get to interview the most interesting people in the world...and I'm working on a special issue (more later).....

No comments:

Post a Comment