Tuesday, March 17, 2015

A Lazy Boy Family

We are a Lazy Boy family. OH MY GOD...that is a huge understatement.

An orange plaid Lazy Boy was the VERY FIRST piece of new furniture I ever bought. I rocked both of my babies to sleep in that chair, and it had the place of honor in every home we ever lived in...

At some point, I got rid of the sofa in our living room so I could make room for FOUR Lazy Boy chairs...lol...

Right now, my #1 Lazy Boy chair is this green leather version...
I bought it at a thrift store...
For $30...??!!
This is Elliott, outside his house, enjoying his NEW Lazy Boy before moving it inside...
This was one of my favorite Lazy Boys -- I loved it so much, I had it reupholstered.
The back of a Lazy Boy lifts off in a very simple way.  That makes them EASY to move -- I can fit one in my car!!
I paid $20 for this pink velvet Lazy Boy.  But, my boys told me I absolutely COULD NOT PUT A PINK CHAIR IN THE LIVING ROOM...

Then, I had this genius idea...By taking the back of one chair, and the seat of another -- I created this "Franken-boy" chair. What do you think??
Yeah...I know....the boys were not fooled. Its still pink....

Because I usually buy my Lazy Boys at thrift stores -- and I find them ALL THE TIME...we occasionally must get rid of one. 

But by the time WE are done with a Lazy Boy -- it's 40+ years old and nobody else would want it.  So -- what can you do??  It is listing to one side, and the springs have come undone...

Yep.  Time to have a fire...light it up, boys...
Really.  A worn out Lazy Boy deserves the same respect as an American Flag.  Or an American Indian...

No comments:

Post a Comment