Friday, March 20, 2015

Downton Abby

hBefore I forget -- I want to tell you how terrific the big Finale was of Downton Abbey!! WOW. Talk about your action-packed British soap opera! If you are not watching this show -- you should RUN, NOT WALK, to your local library and put your name on the waiting list for the Season I DVDs.

I waited for three years -- but finally got sick of everybody else talking about it. Then, last year, Ross and I got all caught up, one or two episodes a night.
You really must start at the beginning, tho...
And, if you haven't been watching -- stop reading right now. SPOILER ALERT...!!

I really must say how delighted I was with the Finale this year. I loved the story line about the Dowager's old Russian lover coming to town...and Lady Granthams flirtation, Edith's illegitimate baby...that period in history is so interesting...

But what Downton does so well is to develop the characters. I have always been a fan of Isobel -- and I loved her getting the proposal...

And it was SO GREAT when Mr. Carson proposed to Mrs Hughes...Really!! At last!! OF COURSE THEY SHOULD BE together...nothing else makes sense, does it??

After 40 years of working together -- do either one of them know each other's first names?
But the character I have ached for this year is Mr. Molesley. He has tried so hard, and nothing seems to work out for him. The first season, Matthew tried to get rid of him because having a valet made no sense. Then the Dowager gave him a pity job...then he would substitute for Mr. Bates....or work on a road crew... But, for all his hard work and good intentions,  he just cannot find his place to stand in this world...

UNTIL THIS BIG FINALE...!!  When Mr. Molesley got the idea to take the picture of Mr. Bates around to all the bars...days of work, dozens of different bars...and THAT WAS THE BIG SAVE..!!

I was CHEERING over here on my side of the pond!!  GOOD JOB, PEOPLE...
FINALLY!!  Mr. Molesley to the rescue!!  HE GETS TO BE THE HERO...and I couldn't be happier for him...

No comments:

Post a Comment